Welcome to Hippo Roller!
- Last updated: 08 November 2017
Hippo Roller is a social enterprise in South Africa with a hybrid business model that includes a Non Profit, the Hippo Roller Foundation NPC (Reg no: 2017/458603/08) which promotes the social sustainability of the business; and a For Profit company namely, Imvubu Projects (Pty) Ltd. (Reg no: 2016/323589/07) Trading As Hippo Roller to ensure economic sustainability of the business.
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Hippo Roller’s Website.
By accessing the Service we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use the Service if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
Unless otherwise stated, Hippo Roller and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on the domain hipporoller.org. All intellectual property rights are reserved.
Only clear acknowledgement and credit given to “Hippo Roller” with a hyperlink to hipporoller.org, permits you to:
- Republish material from hipporoller.org
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from hipporoller.org
- Redistribute content from hipporoller.org.
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Parts of this website offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website. Hippo Roller does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the website.
Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of Hippo Roller, its agents and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who post their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws Hippo Roller shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
Hippo Roller reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant Hippo Roller a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavorably to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of Hippo Roller; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organizations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to [email protected] Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 1 week for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name, “Hippo Roller”; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of Hippo Roller’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
We shall not be hold responsible for any content that appears on your Website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that is rising on your Website. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amen these terms and conditions and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us any moment. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to do so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
Hippo Roller is committed to protecting your privacy and takes all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users.
The site may collect certain information about your visit, such as the name of the Internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the site; the pages that you access while at the site and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site. This information is used to help improve the site, analyse trends, and administer the site.
For purposes of online transactions through Hippo Roller Store (https://store.hipporoller.org), and Hippo Roller Donations page (https://www.hipporoller.org/donate) as well as Hippo Roller fundraising campaigns (http://givewater.hipporoller.org), (http://haiti.hipporoller.org).
Hippo Roller takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction, including sale of goods and services sold on this website; customer service and support; dispute resolution; and delivery of goods.
- Currently, all transactions (including store payments and donations) are received by Hippo Roller, Inc. a business registered in Delaware, USA which promotes innovative water products in the USA.
- Hippo Roller Store serves as an online water innovation store and nothing else; no other items will be billed or shipped from this site.
- Manufacturing and shipping of the Hippo Roller and related products take place in South Africa, managed by Imvubu Projects (Pty) Ltd. Trading As Hippo Roller, 120 Runnymead Avenue, Chartwell, 2191, SOUTH AFRICA.
- Credit card transactions on the website will be acquired for Hippo Roller, Inc. via Stripe, a global payment gateway headquartered in San Francisco. Stripe complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) for processing, transmission, or storage of credit card data. Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. To read more about security at Stripe, see https://stripe.com/docs/security/stripe.
- Hippo Roller, Inc. has no access to card details entered by the client on Stripe’s secure site and no credit card details are stored on the website.
- The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is the United States. Transaction currency is US DOLLAR (USD).
- Hippo Roller, Inc. has currency converter functionality. The figures displayed are updated automatically from XE.com throughout the day. Hippo Roller Inc. is not responsible for slight differences in fees.
- All donations are allocated toward the purchase and distribution of Hippo Roller products to participating recipient communities as identified by registered fundraisers and Hippo Roller.
- Online transactions will be confirmed and billed via the email address provided on the order form.
- Hippo Roller offers worldwide shipping. Orders received from outside the borders of South Africa will be billed accordingly and shipping charges can be seen at https://store.hipporoller.org.
- Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility to be concluded at their local Customs offices or Post Office.
- Goods will only be shipped once full amount reflects in sender’s account.
- Order Processing time may vary from 1-3 days on average depending on the dispatch load. Customers will be contacted in the event of a stock issue or a delay of dispatch.
- A tracking number for each order will be provided via email upon shipment.
- International delivery can take anywhere from 5-30 days to arrive, depending on location and local customs processes. However, the average delivery time is 7-10 days – especially in the USA, Canada and European countries.
- Delivery times do not include Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays.
- Shipments go out Monday through Friday, excluding public holidays.
- Orders with incorrect billing information, or requiring additional verification, will be delayed.
- All orders are shipped wrapped in bubble-wrap plastic with relevant labels.
Refunds & Returns
- Hippo Roller will only deem a package lost if it has not arrived at the destination after 60 days. At this point it will arrange with the customer for a full refund or ship a replacement with the customer’s consent at no extra charge.
- Hippo Roller Inc. and Imvubu Projects (Pty) Ltd take no responsibility for returned packages with incorrectly provided addresses.
- Should a package be returned, the customer can opt for a refund less shipping fee, or to pay an additional shipping fee for a re-shipment.
- Returns are only accepted within 1 year of order creation and only apply to verified manufacturing defects.
- To be eligible for a return, the item must be verified to contain manufacturing defects. Verification is done via email before return, supported by photos submitted to [email protected]
- In the event of a return due to a Hippo Roller manufacturing fault, Hippo Roller will cover the cost of a replacement unit plus the return shipping fees incurred.
- To book in a return please email [email protected] or book in a return collection here.
- In the case of returned shipments, the customer is responsible for any and all additional shipping fees incurred.
Hippo Roller may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof, at any time, without notice.
Hippo Roller contact details: Email support: [email protected] | International Telephonic support: +27 82 944 4766.
Alternatively, submit a query through the contact page on the website, here.